Thursday, April 16, 2009

Beatrice

Spring is in the air! At least here in Katy, TX. The days are warm yet the evenings still cool. The shrubs and trees have had their dead growth cut back and the grass is getting greener by the day. I started and finished my spring clean-out in the house. I'm looking at everything with a fresh eye towards Spring. I even brought out my Spring Challenge Art Doll I did in 2007. I decided to load new picures I took of her the other day. I never really took any good close ups of 'Beatrice' or even any more than the required 3 pictures to submit for the challenge. When I made her I imagined her in the annual Easter Parade, strolling down main street, enjoying the warm sunshine and fragrant aromas of the blooming flowers. So without further ado - I give you Beatrice!















Everything, except the basket and silk flowers, I created. The umbrella was made using paverpol. The fabric was dipped in it and then laid on a bowl to shape it. Her green dress is hand beaded all along the edge; the little pink silk flowers all over her dress -I also hand-beaded the centers. If you click on the pictures to enlarge them you will see that she even has eyelashes (I got them at the drugstore). Her face is done with colored pencils; her "skin" is actually a thick fleece. I used scrapbooking eyelets to thread the ribbon through for her "corset" top. Her Apron is actually an antique handkerchief with swavorsky crystals added. She is a lop-eared rabit, with flowers as her bonnet; she has a bee and a ladybug resting on her. Her easter basket contains collaged eggs that I made; I also made her Heart charm bracelet. Oh-and she had a pedicure! -even though she has a long dress, everyone always, always picks up her dress to see what is underneath. She is the sweetest little rabbit I ever made!!

No comments:

Post a Comment